Thursday, November 28, 2013

FO: Sweet Little Mini Cuffs

My 2nd Indie Designer GAL FO is a pair of Sweet Little Mini Cuffs by SarahJaneDesigns. This is a crochet pattern! Part of my ongoing quest to improve my hooking skills has me trying to be a bit braver - branching away from flat granny square type projects and trying some new things.

Little they may be but I actually learnt so many new techniques while making these. SarahJane writes a nice clear pattern and best of all includes links to youtube clips showing how to make the various crochet stitches in this pattern...perfect for an adventurous beginner such as myself.

If you click through to the original pattern, you will notice my version is missing the laceweight edging. I tried a couple of different laceweights I had on hand but nothing was quite the right colour and I ended up ripping out the lace, working another row in DK to add some height and then calling it good. I think they have a bit more of a modern vibe to them without the lace.

Yarn is Tri'Coterie DK Sparkles in Black Pearl. I used a 4mm hook.

Sarah Jane is an downunder designer who has some really neat crochet designs. If you're a steampunk fan there are a few of her patterns which might inspire you. Happy Hooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment